The Power of the Moon: What To Do At Each Moon Phase
What to do in each lunar phase?
While we no longer rely on the moon as much as our ancestors did, keeping track of moon phases can help you feel more connected to nature's cycles, increase mindfulness, and keep you focused on your goals.
Working with the moon can increase our innate instincts because it regulates feminine energy and intuition and although not all of our activities have such a short cycle, picking days to start initiatives, programs, or plans can be planned to take advantage of the moon's benefits.
While we can break the moon phases down further, the four basic phases of the moon are the most essential to know, (especially when you’re first getting started):
The new moon lasts for about three days and is for setting intentions. The new moon is the beginning of a new moon cycle.
This is the best time to acknowledge goals, write a to-do list and think about what you’d like to create. It’s a time to speculate on new projects, to clarify ones intent, or make initial contact.
- Ideal phase to detoxify the body of toxins and start diets.
- Excellent to launch a project that you want and that will bear fruit with depth and a solid base; You will see great results in the next 6 months.
- It is the best phase to perform hair removal, eye surgeries, delicate surgeries, because it contributes to the best healing process.
- Time to start an important affective relationship and that you want to last over time.
The waxing moon lasts for about two weeks and is for taking action. Getting Bigger and Brighter. This is a time to be ambitious!
This is the time to focus on really accelerating the progress of any projects you’re working on, picking up the pace sound in the knowledge of what you’re building and working towards. It is essential to make forward strides, really catch onto the abundant growing power of the moon and the momentum that’s underway.
- Propitious to sell some of the limited stock, auction off some products and make new offers.
- Also to study a backward course or start studying a new language.
- Cut damaged hair so that it grows quickly.
- Request loans or credits.
The full moon lasts for about three days and is for celebrating your progress. The full moon is the culmination of the moon cycle. This is when the moon is completely illuminated in the sky – the most brilliant and beloved and magickal phase of the moon.
This is certainly the most traditional phase of the lunar cycle to do rituals and it’s a beautiful opportunity to do rituals for healing, for love, or for self-care. The full moon is all about celebration and amplification.
- Ideal for a social, family, emotional and personal event.
- It is good to use it to show something that has matured and has borne fruit, for example, an exhibition of paintings, conferences, a qualification exam, a change of personal image, a marriage proposal, a religious marriage.
The waning moon lasts for about two weeks and is for releasing. This is the second-to-last phase of the Moon, and during this time, you want to take those loose ends from the last cycle and really and truly finish up.
Its a time for fulfillment, gratitude and reflection. This is where you want to be releasing the ideas, patterns, behaviors, situations, and even people who are no longer serving your highest good. In some ways, the waning moon phase is the ultimate self-care phase, when we are really focused on our inward needs and innermost thoughts and feelings.
- Ideal phase to start diets before surgery or make a spiritual retreat.
- Also to visit the dentist or perform a high-risk surgery.
Working With Moon Phases
What does it mean to “work with the phases of the moon”?
A simple way of working with the moon for spiritual or personal growth is to:
1) Use the New Moon as a time to set goals and intentions that you want to fulfill by the next Full Moon.
2) Use the Full Moon to release something from your life so you can make space for something new and better by the next New Moon.